You do not have to be afraid of the dentist anymore!
If you or someone you care about has avoided dental treatment due to a fear of going to the dentist, our dentists in Shelby Township, MI, can help.
Do you experience pain while eating or talking? Do you have trouble with gagging or getting numb? Would you like to regain confidence in your smile but you are overwhelmed by thoughts of repeated visits to the dentist? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, our team has an easy solution—dental sedation.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Whether it’s a broken tooth that needs to be fixed, yellow teeth that need to be whitened, a missing tooth that needs to be replaced, or pain that needs to be eliminated—our dental sedation techniques can help you to regain your health and have the fabulous smile you always wanted.
Visit our office to experience our relaxed, easy sedation procedures that will eliminate your anxiety about going to see a dentist. You will not feel anything as one of our dentists performs the procedure. Plus, sedation medications have an amnesic effect. This means you will have little to no memory of the sights, smells, or sounds of your visit.
When your treatment is complete you may be a bit wobbly, so someone should take you home and stay with you until you’re recovered. You’ll be amazed at how much can be accomplished in such a seemingly short period of time, while you were totally relaxed and completely comfortable. And best of all, the very next day you will feel fantastic.
Our caring staff will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits and make convenient financial arrangements.
Here’s How It Works.
- Step 1—Making Your First Appointment This is difficult for many anxious people, so we try to make this as easy as possible.
- Step 2—Welcoming Visit We gather information regarding your health and discuss with you your wants and desires. If you’re comfortable, we’ll take X-rays and look in your mouth. But you will never be judged or embarrassed.
- Step 3—Preparing For Your Sedation Visit We’ll give you a prescription for a sedative to take the night before your first appointment to guarantee a good night’s sleep and to make sure you wake up relaxed.
- Step 4—Arriving For Treatment Your companion will bring you to the office. Additional medications will be provided to create the ultimate in relaxation. Your experienced sedation team will monitor you throughout your entire visit.
- Step 5—Going Home With Your New Smile Your companion will take you home and stay with you until you’re completely recovered from your sedation medication.
- Step 6—The Next Day Most patients feel no discomfort or residual effects from their visit and you’ll be thrilled with all the compliments you will get.
Request an Appointment With Us
We offer sedation dentistry to help you feel relaxed and at ease in the dentist’s chair. To request an appointment with one of our Shelby Township dentists, call Frank P. Ruffino DDS at (586) 799-4240.