Your electric motor is key to your unit’s proper function as it helps your compressor convert power into the energy it needs to support industrial manufacturing processes. When your motor isn’t performing well, or at all, it’s important to choose a service provider with proven experience resolving compressor motor issues.
Our electric motor services
Cullum & Brown continues to offer the highest caliber of industrial equipment repair service, including electric motor repairs, to the Kansas City area as it has for more than 135 years. We offer comprehensive repair services at our shop, as well as in-field repair services. We have the capability to repair all makes and models from 5HP up to 500HP. Besides repair services, we offer options to replace your motor with new equipment through our rebuild process.
Electric motor repairs and replacement
Our in-shop repair evaluation begins with an electrical test and a disassembly, followed by an inspection of your equipment’s windings and mechanical bearings. We provide a detailed report of our findings on your equipment, along with photos documenting suggested repairs. Finally, we determine with you whether a repair or replacement is needed for your compressor equipment.
Should you decide to repair or replace electric motor equipment, we walk you through every step of the process and work with you on every decision made throughout your repair/replacement experience. For an idea of what your repair/replacement process could look like, here is a detailed breakdown of our electric motor repair process:
- Incoming no-load run test if applicable
- Any machine work needed is performed
- All bearings are replaced
- Wash, bake, and test stator windings
- Inspect rotor for open / broken rotor bars
- Rewind stator if deemed necessary by test data or failure
- Perform core loss test to confirm stator rewind acceptance
- Clean all register fits
- Balance rotor
- Re-assemble and retest motor assuring successful rebuild
- A new coat of exterior paint is applied
- Provide the customer with a final rebuild report
- A 1-year warranty is provided with motor installation
We want to meet your needs, which is why we offer a number of in-field services so you can get the most out of your equipment. For motor repairs, we offer the following in-field services:
- On-site electric motor troubleshooting
- Disconnecting and removal of electric motors
- Electric motor installs on new or rebuilds
- Onsite bearing replacement
- Equipment vibration analysis
- On-site balancing
- Laser alignments
- Laser belt alignments
- Electric motor lubrication programs
Brands we carry
If you need to replace your motor, we carry top brands in the industry. Many of our partners are backed by many years of experience manufacturing or distributing industrial air compressor equipment. We turn to industry gold standards of electric motor components such as WEG and Baldor to give our customers the assurance of proven reliability in performance and quality.
Complete service and support
Whether you need responsive service or ongoing, preventative maintenance, Cullum & Brown is your full-service provider for electric motor solutions. For ongoing maintenance, we offer preventative programs to suit your company’s specific air compressor motor needs.
Finally, we offer 24/7 responsive support when you need a repair at our site or yours. Our certified repair team is ready to service the brands we sell as well as all makes and models of air compressor equipment.
To discuss your air compressor electric motor needs, contact Cullum & Brown at 816-842-7711 in Kansas City or 417-869-0066 in Springfield.