What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Step 1: Call Us As Soon As You Can. Time is of the essence for most dental emergencies, so call us right away so we can schedule you for a same-day emergency appointment.
- Step 2: Get First-Aid Instructions Over the Phone. When you call our dental office, our helpful team can guide you through the situation and give you tips to deal with the emergency until you arrive.
- Step 3: Visit Us for An Emergency Dental Exam. When you reach our office, one of our highly trained and experienced dentists will see you right away to evaluate your situation and alleviate your pain.
- Step 4: Review the Findings and Make a Plan. Your West Seneca emergency dentist will review their findings with you and fully explain all your treatment options, including their estimated length and cost, to help you make a well-informed decision about your care.
- Step 5: Get the Fast, Professional Care You Need. Once you have created a custom treatment plan with your dentist, our team will get to work right away. For patients who are anxious or uncomfortable, we may recommend sedation options for a relaxing treatment.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies can happen when you least expect them, and they can be unsettling or even frightening. Luckily, our team here at Applegate Dental is here to help! Although we have our main dental emergency page, there are other situations you could face that require urgent care. Give our team a call, and we’ll be happy to give you advice and schedule you as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are some common scenarios and how to handle these dental emergencies in West Seneca, NY.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Each dental emergency is unique. Even if two patients come in with the same issue, their treatment can differ based on their individual needs. This customization makes giving general estimates without an evaluation at our office nearly impossible. However, one thing is true no matter the dental emergency: you should never wait to seek professional help. Oral issues do not improve over time—they just get worse! If you put off taking care of the problem, it will require more invasive procedures and more expensive treatment. Read on to learn more about the cost of dental emergencies in West Seneca.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Did you know that most dental emergencies can be avoided? At Applegate Dental PLLC, our team of experts is always here to help when a crisis occurs, but we are also available to provide beneficial tips and advice on ways to protect your smile from danger and possible damage. We know not all accidents are preventable, but if you want to take extra precautions to keep your smile from becoming chipped, cracked, or broken, we invite you to take a look at the few tips we recommend on how to prevent dental emergencies for our West Seneca, NY dental patients.
Emergency Dentistry FAQs
In a dental emergency in West Seneca, your mind can race through so many thoughts and questions. We’d like to help answer a few for you, so you can focus on what you need to do next. Below are our responses to some of the most common questions about emergency dentistry. We hope it eases your mind and makes your situation a little less stressful! We’re here to help you get back to oral health as quickly as possible.