Looking for a farm or ranch for fresh meat, milk or eggs in northern Virginia? Scroll down this page and you will see the aall of thoses in northern Virginia, sorted by county. Some are organic ALWAYS call before you go to confirm the info, they don’t always report changes to me!
And if you know of one I missed and want to add it or correct the information, please let me know! There are affiliate links on this page. Read our disclosure policy to learn more.
Updates for September 2023
September It’s a pretty normal year for meat, milk and eggs, unless you are in the areas affected by the hurricanes.
Local meat, milk and eggs ranches and farms, by county
Click on Resources above, if you need a county map
Alexandria (City of)
- Countless Blessings Farm – Chicken (free range), Turkey, Pork, USDA Natural, No hormones used, No antibiotics used, 100% grass and/or grain fed, Eggs (free range), Brown eggs, sausage, Bacon (pork), Smoked meats, Restrooms, Farm/ranch tours for visitors, School tours, children welcome, Pets welcome, Turkeys (organic, not-hormone-fed), Fresh eggs, restrooms, picnic area (bring your own food), farm animals 22126 Highland Rd, Culpeper, VA 22701. Phone: 540-272-8348. Email: [email protected]. Open: Monday and Tuesday 8am to 6pm Wednesday 2pm to 6pm Thursday 8am to 12pm Friday 8am to 6pm Saturday 1pm to 6pm Sunday we are Closed to Celebrate the Lord’s Day. Directions: From Culpeper, take Route 3 towards Fredericksburg. Turn Right on Batna Road. Drive approximately three miles and turn Right on Highland Road across from Belle Meade Farms. Countless Blessings Farm is the third driveway on the Right and has a long driveway through a partially wooded lot with animal pens along the sides. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard, Discover. We offer Pasture Raised Meat Rabbits, a variety of Baked Goods, and Handcrafted Custom Baby Boutique and Children’s Items. (ADDED: June 01, 2015)
Fairfax (City of)
- Whitehall Farms, LLC – permanently closed (now an event space)12523 Popes Head Road, Clifton, VA 20124. Phone: 703-968-3900. Email: [email protected]. Open: UPDATE for 2023, no longer raising meats. . Directions: Click here for a map and directions. We use natural practices, but are not seeking organic certification. Payment: Cash, Check, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx. Click here for our Facebook page. (ADDED: September 01, 2015)A visitor writes on July 10, 2023: “Just wanted to let you know it looks like Whitehall Farms, LLC in northern Virginia is permanently closed and has been turned into an event space. :(“
Falls Church (City of)
- Buena Vista Agriculture – pumpkins, corn, Turkeys, Fresh eggs, U-pick and already picked, porta-potties4262 Lee Hwy, Warrenton, VA 20187. Phone: (540) 270-9303. Email: [email protected]. Open: see their website; Visit our honor system stand for eggs available for purchase year round. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx. We currently raise a variety of egg laying chickens. Our pick your own fields offer pumpkins in the fall and strawberries in late spring(ADDED: May 07, 2017)
- Buckland Farm Market – Chicken (free range), Turkey, Beef, USDA Natural, No hormones used, No antibiotics used, 100% grass and/or grain fed, Eggs (free range), Brown eggs, sausage, Scrapple, Bacon (pork), Farm market with fruits and vegetables, Restrooms, Within an easy drive to an Interstate road, School tours, children welcome, Pets welcome, handicap accessible, Turkeys (organic, not-hormone-fed), Fresh eggs, restrooms, picnic area, farm animals, birthday parties, school tours 4484 Lee Hwy, New Baltimore, VA 22824. Phone: 540-341-4739. Fax: 540-341-4732. Email: [email protected]. Open: 9 till 7 Monday thru Saturday – Sunday 9 till 6. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: on web site. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx, WIC Vouchers, SFMNP Vouchers. Great farm market with bulk foods, see web site.
- Hollin Farms – Uses integrated pest management practices, Beef, Pork, No hormones used, No antibiotics used, 100% grass and/or grain fed, concessions / refreshment stand, porta-potties are available, farm animals, school tours1524 Snowden Road, Delaplane, VA 20144. Phone: 540-592-3574. Email: [email protected]. Open: Please visit Hollin Farms website for beef and pork ordering details. Directions: From Washington, take I-66 west to Exit 23 (Route 17 north). Continue on Route 17 for about 7 miles. Turn left on Route 688 (Leeds Manor Road). Go exactly 1 mile to the Hollin Farms entrance. Hollin Farms is the second orchard on Leeds Manor Road. Follow signs. Click here for a map and directions. Open for strawberries and Spring vegetables early May through early June, cherries and apricots mid June; Open for Peaches, plums and summer vegetables from early July until September; Apples, 10 acre Pumpkin Patch, and fall vegetables in September and October;. We use integrated pest management practices. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard, Discover. Click here for our Facebook page. Hollin Farms is as much an educational experience as it is a treat for the senses. Young and old alike will delight in the pleasurable work of picking fruits and vegetables from right where they are grown, high on the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge mountains, on a real working farm. Our sunny slopes and majestic panoramic views are legendary and will keep you coming back to greet each season. Abundant selection of fruits and vegetables, with over 15 acres of vegetables and 30 acres of fruit trees! 45 minutes west of beltway.
- Stribling Orchard – Beef, Apples, nectarines, pears, peaches, pumpkins,11587 Poverty Hollow Lane, Markham , VA 22643. Phone: 540-364-3040. Email: [email protected]. Open: 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesday thru Sunday, depending on the availability of ripe fruit; We are open in July, August, September, and October. Directions: Click here for a map to our farm. We are the sixth generation of Striblings to farm this land, and we are proud of the fruit our family has grown for over 200 years. But, not only have we been growing fruit, we have also been raising cattle for as long as the farm has existed. For the first time ever, we are selling our grass fed beef directly to the public! Every beef sold is raised from birth by the Stribling family. Our grass fed beef, from the well known Angus breed, spend their days grazing naturally on our pastures in northern Fauquier County. You can see them in the fields adjoining the orchard and in the immediate area. Crop availability: Peaches: Early July – Late August; Apples: Mid/Late August – Early November. Click here for a link to our Facebook page. Our peaches are available from mid-July through mid-August and our apples from mid-August through early November. Beginning in September, we offer fresh cider and all sizes and shapes of pumpkins. Come and enjoy a day in the country at our orchard. Relax, bring a picnic, and enjoy our breath-taking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Come see our historic buildings, visit our many farm animals, and pick some of Virginia’s finest fruit. Comments from a visitor on September 26, 2010: “Just got back from a great time at Stribling Orchard! They handed out a map of the orchard with descriptions of the types of apples. You can drive through the orchard and the ground is not very steep for those with trouble walking or small children (we were pulling a toddler in a wagon with no trouble). There were places to picnic in the orchard and plenty of good apples to pick. “
- Whiffletree Farm- Wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables, picnic area, farm animals, tours of the operation, group tours8717 Spring Rd, Warrenton, VA 20186. Email: [email protected]. Open: Fridays 9am-11am and Saturdays 3pm-5pm. Directions: See their website for directions. Payment: Cash, Check. Farmers Jesse and Liz Straight began raising pastured broiler chickens and turkeys in 2009 under the name “Jesse Straight’s Pastured Poultry.” As of 2011, we added free-foraging pork, grass-finished beef, and pastured laying hens to our repertoire. In early 2012, we moved the entire farm operation to the rambling acres of historic Whiffletree Farm. It is our joy to be living and farming in Jesse’s hometown of Warrenton. We are proud to serve many families and restaurants throughout Virginia. Farming Practices Intensive rotational grazing creates the best environment for our animals, improves the fertility of the land, and results in the most nutritious meat and eggs for our customers. Our beef cattle are 100% grass fed. We give our turkeys, broiler chickens, pigs, and laying hens feed without any genetically modified ingredients. A visitor writes on September 11, 2014: “this family run farm is raising healthy and very tasty eggs, poultry, pork and beef. Chicken and Turkey are processed on site but the pork and beef are processed locally. They also have other local products for sale at their farm store.”
- Hedgebrook Farm Market – farm animals, beef, pork, milk690 Shady Elm Rd. (Route 651), Winchester, VA. Phone: 540-450-0310. Email: [email protected]. Open: Hours. Directions: two miles south of Winchester, Directions. Jersey Meat, Fresh meats available from Hedgebrook Farms. The Jersey cows at Hedgebrook Farm are hormone-free, antibiotic-free, animal welfare approved, and graze on organic certified pastures. When a male is born and reaches 600-800 lbs., the meat is harvested due to their inability to produce milk. Once harvested there are around 300-400 pounds of beef available for purchase. Don’t be scared about taste! Jersey beef is lean, tender, juicy, and healthier than other meats because of the high level of intramuscular fat (marbling) and monounsaturated fatty acids that are considered cholesterol lowering. Also Hog Meat. The pigs at Hedgebrook are Tamworth Hogs and Large Black hogs, two heritage breeds from England. The Tamworths are known as a bacon pig because of the great flavor when smoked and paired with sauces. Large Black Hogs are also known for their bacon production in addition to lean, marbled pork. We harvest meat from bores (males) after around 6 months when they have reached 250 lbs. Favorite cuts include: Italian sausage, pork loin, pork chops, breakfast sausage, and smoked roast. This is a 100-year-old, pesticide-free working dairy farm with a children’s play area. Call for times for Miss Kitty’s Straw Rides, featuring educational tours led by farm manager Kitty Nicholas. Hedgebrook Farm is a working dairy farm which is home to Jersey cows, donkeys, llamas, peacocks, chickens, ducks, a miniature donkey, cats, and many other animals. In operation since 1906, the farm began as an apple orchard with a dairy business added in the 1940’s. Our milking parlour is the only remaining glass-tubed milking machine in Virginia.
- Richard’s Fruit Market – farm-raised beef, apples, flowers, pumpkins, 6410 Middle Road, Middletown, VA 22645. Phone: (540) 869-1455. Email: [email protected]. Open: 8:30 am to 6 pm, Saturday; 10 am to 6 pm, Sunday, August-November. Peach Festival – third Sunday in August, 10 am to 6 p.m. Directions: Take I-81 to exit 307; 4 miles west of Stephens City on Route 631. Left on Route 628 (Middle Road); 1 mile to orchard and fruit market. Richard’s farm-raised beef; Richard’s Cut Your Own fresh flowers; Richard’s Tomato Mix; Richard’s Apple Butter; Debbie’s Squash Relish; Winchester Honey; Handcrafted Stoneware Pottery by artist Cindy Savarese; Local Grill & Smoking Wood Chips (available in Apple and Hickory); Alpenglow Sparking Cider (Front Royal, VA) in Apple-Peach, Apple-Pear & Sparkling Peach; Garber’s Ice Cream (Winchester, VA – Since 1912!); Rt. 11 Potato Chips (Variety of flavors); Taste of the South Apple BBQ Sauce (Ashburn, VA); Old Dominion Virginia Hams Chicken B-B-Q Dinner cooked on property – 4th Saturday in September (RSVP for details in September). Apple Harvest Festival – third weekend in October – free bluegrass music both days – 8:30 a.m. -6 pm, Saturday; 10 am to 6 pm, Sunday. Also pick-your-own flowers August until frost. Gourd Festival – first weekend of November – call for details. Fresh-picked peaches from our own orchard – July 25-Labor Day – Harbelle, Red Haven, Sunday High, Loring, Blake and Bisco. Pick-your-own and fresh-picked – Red Delicious, Jonathan, Grimes Golden, Golden Delicious, York, Stayman, Idared, Rome. Also, pumpkins in season; sweet cider; country hams, jelly; local honey; and fall mums. Richard’s Fruit Market Facebook page. (UPDATED: April 28, 2018, JBS)
King George County
- A Dozen Eggs – Chicken (free range), Beef, USDA Natural, No hormones used, No antibiotics used, 100% Grass fed (includes finishing), snacks, refreshments and/or concessions, Eggs (free range, vegetarian fed), Brown eggs, Farm market with fruits and vegetables, Within an easy drive to an Interstate road, children welcome, Pets welcome, Fresh eggs, picnic area 37938 Charles Town Pike, Purcellville, VA 20132. Phone: 703-829-2317. Email: [email protected]. Open: Saturday and Sunday 11:30am to 5:30pm, other times please call 1;703;829;2317. Directions: From Leesburg west on route 7, exit route 9 west Charles Town WV exit farm is 5.5 miles on right, 1/2 mile past route 287. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx. Jams, jellies, seasonal local fruits and produce, specialty cheeses, butter, dips and spreads, fresh baked breads on the weekends, and premier wines.
- Fleetwood Farm – Chicken (free range), Turkey, Duck, Beef, Lamb, Mutton, No hormones used, No antibiotics used, 100% Grass fed (includes finishing), Eggs (free range, vegetarian fed), No pets please, Turkeys, Fresh eggs23075 Evergreen Mills Rd, Leesburg, VA 20175. Phone: 571 384-9256. Email: [email protected]. Open: Monday thru Friday after 4:00 pm Weekends most any time call or e – mail for appointments. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check.
- Hyde Farms – grass fed beef and pork, porta-potties, picnic area, picnic area (bring your own food), inflatables/bounce house, mini-golf, petting zoo, farm animals, birthday parties, school tours, group reservations7545 Highway 411s, Greenback , TN 37742. Phone: (423) 667-6981. Email: [email protected]. Open: Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: We are located 12 miles south of the 411 Walmart in Maryville, TN and 12 miles north of the Madisonville, Tn Walmart. Click here for a map and directions. Strawberry season is typically April 20th to June 7th. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx. Click here for our Facebook page. We are a 115 acre full time operating farm. We have a produce stand, we raise grass fed beef and pork. U-pick strawberries, cornmaze and pumpkin patch. (ADDED: April 14, 2021)
- Ticonderoga Farms – Uses natural growing practices, Chicken (free range), snacks, refreshments and/or concessions, Eggs (organic, free range, vegetarian fed), Brown eggs, Farm market with fruits and vegetables, Ice cream shop, Snack bar, Restrooms, School tours, children welcome, No pets please, Honey from hives on the farm, Fresh eggs, concessions / refreshment stand, porta-potties are available, picnic area, Jumping pillow, petting zoo, farm animals, birthday parties, school tours26469 Ticonderoga Road, Chantilly, VA 20152. Phone: 703-327-4424. Email: [email protected]. Open: See our website for current hours. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. We use natural practices, but are not yet certified Organic. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard. Click here for our Facebook page.
Manassas (City of)
Manassas Park (City of)
Prince William County
- Stone Path Farm – Eggs (free range), Brown eggs, Fresh eggs9205 Keyser Rd, Nokesville, VA 20181. Phone: (703) 501-0300. Email: [email protected]. Open: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 7 pm; Saturday and Sunday, from 7 am to 5 pm Please call first to setup pick up times. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: From Route 66, take 234 South. Make a right on Route 28(west). Take a left on Bristow road Makea right on Keyser Road The farm is on the left about a mile down. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, only. Click here for our Facebook page. . (ADDED: August 20, 2020)
- Shenandoah Farm Market – Uses natural growing practices, gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand9354 Orkney Grade, Mount Jackson, VA 22842. Phone: 540-477-9794. Alternate Phone: 540-477-9792. Fax: 540-477-9223. Email: [email protected]. Directions: Exit 273 off Interstate 81. Go East at end of ramp to traffic light. Turn right (South) on Route 11 through Mount Jackson to Orkney Grade (Route 263). Turn Right, go 3 miles to Farm Market on Left. Click here for a map and directions. Please call for harvest dates during the Spring, Summer, and Winter for seasonal produce; We grow a significant variety of produce on our farm;. We use natural practices, but are not seeking organic certification. Payment: Cash, Check, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard. We cater meetings utilizing as many local foods as possible.